Last Days Believers - Obedience
Jesus has called us to a life of obedience.
Paul Gives Some Powerful Principles To Christians:
1. We were dead in sin.
2. We followed the ways of this world.
3. We followed the ruler of the kingdom of the air.
4. The spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
5. We once all lived that way, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature, following its desires and thoughts.
6. But because of His great love for us, God, rich in mercy made us alive with Christ.
7. It is by grace that we are saved.
For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
I Samuel 15:22
And Samuel replied: “does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams.”
Why God Rejected King Saul:
- Because of his willful disobedience to God’s command.
What Is Rooted In Disobedience?
What Is Rebellion?
- It is the system that rules the kingdom of darkness.
- It is saying, I am god.
- It is saying, I am in charge.
- It is saying, I can do it without God.
What Must Be Our Attitude?
- Have a meek one.
- Meekness is not weakness but real strength.
- Meekness says I need God; I can not do it without Him.
- Lord, I want to be Your obedient servant. I will do what You say, and speak what You tell me to and go where You say to go.
- Obedient believers who are anointed to do a mighty work for God.
- Disobedient believers who give God a bad name and hinder the work of God.
Point To Ponder:
- Which kind of believer are you?