Revelation 5 - The Lion & The Lamb
- A scene where God is on His throne and has a scroll in His right hand. The scroll is the title deed to the earth. Jesus is the Lamb (who was sacrificed to redeem man). Jesus not only redeemed man but the earth.
- When Man fell the earth is cursed also, so here what is implied is the earth is no longer under the curse because the Lamb has redeemed man and the planet.
The Seven Horns Signifies Strength and Authority
- In Matthew 28:18 Jesus says, “all power has been given to me in Heaven and on earth, go and make disciples of all nations.”
- The church has been given that power to influence the nations with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Eyes Signifies The All Seeing Eyes of The Lord
- This signifies the fact that God sees the past, present and the future. He is all knowing and knows everything.
- Horns & eyes also talks about the perfect justice of the Lord, God is holy and His justice is perfect. He will judge unrepentant or uncovered sin because He is holy.
The 24 Elders
- Talks about the authority that Jesus has given the church over evil, to trample on snakes and scorpions and overcome all the power of the enemy and nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)
- Talks about the victory that overcomes the world, which is our faith. (I John 5:4)
- It also talks about the judicial power the church has in judging angels. (I Cor. 6:3)
- Has been given power over sin, sickness, and the devil.
- Is called heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ.
- Has been commissioned to rule in life. (Rom. 5:17)
- Will rule in the future.
11 I saw Heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose Rider is called Faithful and True. With justice He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns. He has a name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of Heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
Jesus is on a white horse and He will return with the armies of Heaven will follow Him riding on white horses. Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of lords and He will destroy all the enemies of the cross in His just judgment. We will exercise the authority Jesus has given us. We don’t have to wait until Rev. 19 to use the power that Jesus has given us. Go and make disciples of all nations starts today.
When Jesus Takes
- The title deed of the earth a magnificent celebration of worship breaks out in Heaven.
- Worthy! Take the scroll, open its seals. Slain! Paying in blood, You bought men and women, Bought them back from all over the earth, Bought them back for God. Then You made them a Kingdom, priests for our God, priest-kings to rule over the earth.
The Song of Redemption
- Take the title deed to the earth and open its seals.
- Slain! Paying in blood, You redeemed men and women.
- From all over the earth.
- You made them a kingdom of priests for our God.
- Priest-kings to rule over the earth.
The Last Point in this song talks about the authority to reign with Christ over the earth. The more I read and study Revelation the more I see the role the church will play in eternity. Scriptures like, “we are joint heirs with Christ” become more real to me. What Jesus says about the church all point to the fact that we are destined to the throne.
I looked again. I heard a company of Angels around the Throne, the Animals, and the Elders ten thousand times ten thousand their number, thousand after thousand after thousand in full song: The slain Lamb is worthy! Take the power, the wealth, the wisdom, the strength! Take the honor, the glory, the blessing! Then I heard every creature in Heaven and earth, in underworld and sea, join in, all voices in all places, singing:
To the One on the Throne! To the Lamb! The blessing, the honor, the glory, the strength, for age after age after age. The Four Animals called out, "Oh, Yes!" The Elders fell to their knees and worshiped.
Reveals Jesus, the head of the church, and how the church has been called to a place of high honor in the Kingdom of God.
This causes Heaven to break out in great praise and worship.
Gives the church a picture of the power Jesus has given His Body in Heaven and on earth.
Gives us a picture of the amazing majesty Jesus has and the power the church has because we are the body of Christ.