Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Helper - Values & Mandates (notes)

The Helper - Values & Mandates

Joel 2:28-29

And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. 29 Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

Son Life’s Vision is to reach the lost hurting people in this areas with the Good News of Jesus and to see them grow into strong followers of the Lord and His Word.

As We Prepare to enter a new season as a church let’s prepare ourselves for a great outpouring of the Spirit followed by supernatural visions and dreams. Prophecy will be very accurate and very powerful in our lives as God begins to reveal what He will do in our future.

Proverbs 29:18 (Amplified Bible)

Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man]--blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.

I Believe

There is a difference between visions and dreams.

With vision I can see where I am going while with a dream I know where I am going.

Principle

What makes a vision possible is values and mandates.

Values

A person’s principles or standards of behavior, one’s judgment of what is important in life.

Our Values:

  • God’s presence
  • God’s Word
  • Each other
  • Family
  • Life
  • Fellowship
  • Hurting people
  • Worship
  • Spiritual gifts
  • Lost people

Mandate

  • An official order or commission to do something. To be an international body of believers.
  • Jesus said all authority has been given unto me in heaven and earth go and make disciples of all nations.
  • Jesus gave the church authority to reach nations. This is our mandate. There are many nations in Tucson and we can reach them. Mat. 28:18

Our Mandate

Is that when God outpours His Spirit we will be on the cutting edge of that awakening.

We Have Been given authority to act in a certain way.

How do we behave?

Like Jesus. We do the things Jesus did because that is the mandate of Jesus. Go and preach, confirm the message with signs following.

No comments: