Saturday, February 13, 2010

Proverbs 7 - True Love (notes)

Proverbs 7 - True Love

Principles

  1. Keep My Words.
  2. Guard My Word in your heart.
  3. Treasure My instructions.
  4. Do what I say and you’ll live well.

There Is Nothing

  • More important than our relationship with God. So the way I get to know the heart of God for my life and for the world is by knowing what God is like.
  • The second most important relationship is with my wife or your husband.

God Has A Simple Strategy For Success

  • Obedience.
  • Do what I say and you’ll live life well.

Living Life Well

  • Is living a significant life.
  • Is living a life that makes a difference in the lives of those around us.

The Nature of Wisdom

  • Divine wisdom springs from integrity, and becomes manifest through creative expression with excellence as its standard.

Love Has Many Definitions:

  1. Erotic
  2. Friendship
  3. Agape

Solomon

  • Talks about the wisdom of staying pure in our relationships.
  • The first few verses of chapter 7 talks about the fact that we must keep the principles of purity as treasure in our hearts.

When We Keep God’s Word in our hearts it will keep us from the adulteress, from the wayward wife with her seductive words.

What God Says

  • Lack of judgment leads to bad decisions. V-7
  • Lack of wisdom I have fellowship offerings at home today I fulfilled my vows. V. 14
  • Be careful when someone talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk.

Be Careful

  • With smooth talking people.
  • With people who appear to be the real deal but are not.

Immorality

  • Is a dead end street.
  • Leads to nowhere.
  • Leads to an empty life.
  • Leads to bondage.
  • Leads to death.

No comments: