Sunday, February 7, 2010

Proverbs 7 - Keep God’s Word (notes)

Proverbs 7 - Keep God’s Word

Principles

  1. Keep my Words.
  2. Guard my Word in your heart.
  3. Treasure my instructions.
  4. Do what I say and you’ll live well.

There Is Nothing More important than our relationship with God. So the way I get to know the heart of God for my life and for the world is by knowing what God is like.

I get to know this by the revelation He has given. The Holy Spirit will reveal what is already in His Word to me.

God Has A Simple Strategy For Success: Obedience.

  • Do what I say and you’ll live life well.

Living Life Well

  • Is living a significant life.
  • Is living a life that makes a difference in the lives of those around us.

Eyesight

  • Is taken for granted until it is lost, impaired or threatened by disease.
  • The writer compares eyesight to the teaching of the Lord.
  • What God reveals is so precious that Jesus called it the secrets of the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven. (Matt. 13:11-12)

Isn’t It Interesting

  • That people who have been given revelation from God seem to have it in abundance?
  • Once we have it, more will be given. It is like a floodgate that has been opened to us.

If We Want Divine insight, we must search for it as one looks for hidden treasure.

For Example

  • The reason there is sickness, illness and physical problems is because of the fall.
  • The Devil comes to steal, kill and destroy--but Jesus came to give us a full life.

What God Says

  • I have been given you My authority of Heaven to rebuke, to devour, and destroy the works of the Devil.
  • Faith actualizes what it realizes.
  • Faith takes what you see in the unseen realm and forces it into the seen realm.

Our Concept

  • Of God is based on disappointment not revelation.
  • Example of the man with a son who has an evil spirit.
  • God did not withhold a miracle as a means of punishment when the man came to Jesus who had a son tormented by a demon.

My Son

  • Keep my words and store up my commands within you.
  • Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.
  • Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.

No comments: