Revelation 15 - The Beginning of the End
- Deals with the preparation for the final bowl judgments in chapter 16.
- Seven angels appear to John, whom many believe are different angels in the previous chapters of Revelation.
- God’s wrath has been building for centuries.
- In the tribulation, He unleashes His wrath.
- In the bowl judgments, He concludes His judgments on the world.
The Song of Moses and the Song of the Lamb
- I saw another Sign in Heaven, huge and breathtaking.
- Seven angels with seven disasters, the wrap up of God’s wrath.
- The martyrs who conquered the beast stand by a “
” with harps of God. In preparation for the outpouring of the seven bowl judgments, the people of God enter into worship. Seaof Glass
- And his tribe do not surface until the middle of the Tribulation. This means that those who gained victory over the beast must have done that sometime after the middle of the Tribulation.
- These believers have already been martyred and sing a song in Heaven.
I Saw Something like a sea made of glass, the glass shot through with fire. Carrying harps of God, triumphant over the beast, its image, and the number of its name, the saved ones stood on the sea of glass. They sang the song of Moses, servant of God; they sang the Song of the Lamb.
Mighty your acts and marvelous, O God, the Sovereign-Strong! Righteous Your ways and true, King of the nations! Who can fail to fear You, God, give glory to Your Name? Because You and You only are holy, all nations will come and worship You, because they see Your judgments are right.
What we see:
God is highly exalted.
God is my strength & defense.
The Lord is a warrior.
God defeats His enemies.
Who is like God?
You will lead the redeemed to your place.
The nations will hear & tremble.
Then I saw the doors of the
- There is a song that is sung when God triumphs over evil. There is a time to sing when God pours out His wrath upon those who hate Him and who hate His people.
- Anyone who is saved becomes a partner with God in the fulfillment His purpose on earth.
- We are made in the image of God so when we receive His grace we come under His umbrella of protection & blessing.
- The nation of
Israelis delivered from bondage in . Egypt
- God raised up Moses from the house of Pharaoh which prepared Him to go before Pharaoh make the demands God gave Him.
- Through a series of mighty signs and wonders God sets
Israelfree from oppression and bondage in . Egypt
- Pharaoh is overcome with anger and chases them to the
Red Sea. God shows His power over evil by defeating Egypt’s army in the Red Sea.
- This all points to the time when God will once again show His mighty power to the world for what they did to His people.
- The judgments in Revelation are the result of God’s response to evil and lack of repented sin in the world.