Revelation 8 - The Trumpet Judgments
Why Revelation is Important:
- Jesus promised blessings on those who read it, listen to it, and obey its commands.
- We are living at a period in history when things are accelerating at an alarming speed.
- The message of Jesus Christ in Revelation is relevant to the church today.
- Put aside all the messages, teachings, and studies and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to us what God is saying to the church in this hour.
- Be expectant of the greatest revival in history right before the tribulation or the rapture of the church.
- What God says people will be like in the last days:
II Timothy 3:1-5
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
Times of Great Stress
And trouble, hard to deal with, and hard to bear, will be the norm in the last days. Not impossible to deal with but very stressful. As evil becomes more blatant and open people will become immune to evil and will accept it. This will open the door to the spirit of lawlessness to come into society in the last days.
- Talks about great deception and people becoming more selfish in the last days. This will lead to greater evil and demonic influence on people.
- Also talks about a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the last days. The church will experience great miracles, visions and dreams and see a great harvest of people coming into the Kingdom.
Jesus Christ is presented in Revelation as the awesome resurrected Christ, the faithful witness, the first born of the dead, the ruler of the kings of the earth (1:5) the first and the last (1:17). The Living One (1:18), the Son of God (2:18), Holy & True (3:7). The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the beginning of the creation of God (3:14), the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Root of David (5:5), The Lamb (5:6), Faithful & True (19:11), The Word of God (19:13), King of Kings and Lord of Lords (19:16), the Alpha & Omega (22:13), The Bright Morning Star (22:16) and the Lord Jesus. (22:21)
The Book of Revelation:
- Is a revelation of Jesus Christ. (1:1) Since it comes from Him and centers on Him. It begins with a vision of His glory, wisdom and power and portrays His authority over the entire church. (2:3) He is the Lamb who was slain and declared worthy to open the book of Judgment. (5:1) His righteous wrath is poured out upon the whole earth. (6:18) He will return in power to judge His enemies and reign as the Lord over all. (19:20) He will rule forever over the heavenly city in the presence of all who know Him (21:22)
- Ends with the promise of Jesus: “And behold I am coming quickly.”
6 Then the seven angels with the seven trumpets prepared to blow their mighty blasts. 7 The first angel blew his trumpet, and hail and fire mixed with blood were thrown down on the earth. One-third of the earth was set on fire, one-third of the trees were burned, and all the green grass was burned 8 Then the second angel blew his trumpet, and a great mountain of fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the water in the sea became blood, 9 one-third of all things living in the sea died, and one-third of all the ships on the sea were destroyed. 10 Then the third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch. It fell on one-third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star was Bitterness. It made one-third of the water bitter, and many people died from drinking the bitter water. 12 Then the fourth angel blew his trumpet, and one-third of the sun was struck, and one-third of the moon, and one-third of the stars, and they became dark. And one-third of the day was dark, and also one-third of the night.13 Then I looked, and I heard a single eagle crying loudly as it flew through the air, Terror, terror, terror to all who belong to this world because of what will happen when the last three angels blow their trumpets.