Monday, May 30, 2011
Daniel - Prayer That Shakes A Nation
The Life of Daniel Is one of the greatest examples of a man who shook nations by his prayer!
Daniel Impacted His generation by living a dedicated life to God and to the purpose God had for him.
A Few Years Ago
I had a vision of the throne of God and water gushing out from the throne and going down some steps that went up to the throne. It flowed into a river in heaven that I sensed was the river of life. It hit the edge of heaven then fell like a giant water fall to the earth. It was hitting the west side of
Life and Visions of Daniel
1 During the third year that Jehoiakim was king of
Prayer Is One Of
- The most influential ministries of the church.
- We can learn from Daniel a man of prayer how we can impact nations (starting with the
- I will build My church and the gates of hell will not be able to stop it. I will give you the keys to the
. Kingdomof Heaven
- To open gates one needs a key. We have the keys to open up totally new opportunities for the
. Kingdomof God
With The Keys Of the
- Stop anything that is not God’s will or we can start anything that is God’s will.
- How do we know what is lawful and what is unlawful? By knowing the Word of God.
- After God gives us revelation about our nation we can start to decree what is lawful and what is unlawful.
How Daniel Impacted the nations he was a part of:
- He never compromised with evil.
- He was a man who believed God.
- He was not afraid to stand up for what he believed in.
- He was a man of intense prayer.
- Give us the information on how to do our job. This is where we find the spirit of wisdom and revelation in operation.
- Revelation is the divine information and wisdom is the ability to apply the knowledge God gives us.
- The anointing is God’s ability given to people but revelation is God’s insight needed to do our job.
The Purpose of Revelation
- Revelation is not to make us smarter. Insight is a wonderful benefit of this encounter, but our intelligence is not God’s primary goal. His purpose in revelation is our personal transformation. Revelation comes to enlarge the playing field of faith. Insight without faith being released to have truth realized through experience keeps truth unproven--only theory.
- Anointing must be pursued, not assumed.
I Cor. 14:1
- Daniel was given revelation because he prayed
How Do I Know Daniel was a man of prayer?
- Because of the acts of Daniel.
- By the revelations God gave Daniel.
- By the ability Daniel had to interpret dreams.
- By the life Daniel lived.
- By the way Daniel is still impacting lives today.
In Daniel 2
- We find the king had a dream and could not find anyone who could tell him the dream or the interpretation of it.
- Daniel & his friends were students of Babylonian culture but they never lost their love for God and their culture.
- In Daniel 2:18 Daniel & his friends go to God in prayer for understanding and God answers.
- James 1:2-8 Exposition of the Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5-7 Jesus taught on prayer here.
Prayer Is Meant
- To be private not public.
- Public prayer is important but the majority of our prayer life is done in private.
- If I pray in private God will reward me in public.
- Jesus is the best example of this principle.
- He had an intimate relationship with the Father.
- Can change circumstances, whether it is a doctor’s report, crime rate, the weather, economy, the heart of a ruler of the nation, laws, culture, society, etc.
- We have much more than ancient intercessors; we have the name of Jesus, the baptism in the Spirit, the revelation of the Word of God, the gifts of the Spirit.
- Example of the Korean church.
Example of Daniel
- Daniel 6:10
Even though Daniel knew that the new law had been written, he went to pray in an upstairs room in his house, which had windows that opened toward
. Three times each day Daniel would kneel down to pray and thank God, just as he always had done. Jerusalem
- How long did he pray? We don’t know but His life shows that it was a regular part of his busy life and look at the results. James 5:16
The Royal Family - Citizenship
- Produces death, spiritual death then physical death. Many people don’t realize how deadly sin really is.
- Costs much, pays little, and leaves people empty inside.
If We Have
A righteousness mentality we will come to the conclusion that we don’t have to be a slave to sin. We don’t have to sin if we know what Jesus has provided for us.
Ephesians 2 Teaches:
- We were dead because of disobedience.
- We lived in sin like the world.
- We all used to live following the desires the of sinful nature.
- By that nature we were subject to God’s anger.
- But God rich in mercy, loved us and gave His life for us.
- He raised us from the dead along with Christ.
- Seated us with Him in heavenly realms.
- God will point to us in eternity.
- We are saved by grace not of works.
- We are God’s masterpiece.
- You were outsiders living apart from Christ.
- You were excluded from citizenship.
As Members of the Royal Family we must have the right consciousness. We have been made the righteousness of God in Christ who knew no sin.
2 Corinthians 5:21
What God Says about anyone who is born again.
- Jesus became sin for us, died, went into hell, set the captives free, disarmed the powers of darkness, rose from the dead in victory.
- Jesus presented His blood on the mercy seat in heaven in order to redeem us.
We Are Now:
- Ready for Heaven
We Are No Longer Sinners!
We were sinners but when Jesus redeemed us we became saints, made righteous before a holy God, and became members of the Royal Family of Heaven.
Promises of God
- Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.
- Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
- Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
- Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.
- 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
How I Live Is Determined
By what I think about who God says I am or by what I believe the enemy says I am. Remember our adversary is our accuser who accuses us before God day & night.
Remember also that Jesus is our justifier who is also our advocate who goes before God on our behalf and presents us to God Holy and Righteous.
The Royal Family - The Glue That Holds Families Together
- Hold the family together.
- It is not money, power, position or good looks.
1 Peter 3:1-6 (NLT)
1 In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over 2 by observing your pure and reverent lives. 3 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 5 This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands. 6 For instance, Sarah obeyed her husband, Abraham, and called him her master. You are her daughters when you do what is right without fear of what your husbands might do.
- A Godly woman can lead her husband to the Lord by her Godly life.
- It speaks with out any words.
- It is not outward.
Example of Sarah
- The wife of Abraham.
- Mother of Isaac – Prince of
- Raised Isaac to have faith in God and to trust the Lord.
- Prayers of a Godly mom are powerful and effective.
- Prayers of mothers have changed the course of many children that were going to hell.
Proverbs 22:6 (NLT)
6 Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
Children Follow their Parent’s Example
- As they love God.
- Read His Word.
- Help others to know God.
- Are involved in their church and community.
The First Mother (Eve)
21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man.
23 “At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”
24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
Genesis 2:21-24 (NLT)
Genesis 3:20 (NLT)
20 Then the man Adam named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all who live
Genesis 1:26-28 (NLT)
26 Then God said, “Let Us make human beings in Our image, to be like Us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”27 So God created human beings in His own image. In the image of God He created them; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”
Exodus 20:12 (NLT)
12 “Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
The Royal Family - Behave Like Kings
The Family of God is called to a high level of excellence and moral behavior.
Paul’s letter to the Ephesians gives some powerful insights about the behavior of the Royal family.
One of The Main Themes of Ephesians Is our identity in Christ.
- The phrase, “In Him” is found throughout the letter.
- This emphasizes our identification.
- Kings behave a certain way. They walk a certain way.
How Do Members of God’s Royal Family Behave?
- By always being humble.
- By being gentle.
- By being patient with each other.
- By making allowances for each other’s faults.
- By being one with God & with each other.
When Jesus Rose From the Dead
- He gave the church gifts to equip believers to do the Work of God.
- One of the ways leadership trains people is by being role models of Christ like behavior.
Is so the church will grow up and not be swayed by the changing fads that come and go. To know the whole truth and tell it in love-like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love.
We do in this life should reflect the fact that we are members of the Royal Family and we can trace our family tree to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Since Jesus came and died and rose from the dead He has been adding to that family in every generation of the church.
I Personally Believe
That in every generation until the Lord returns the church will grow bigger than the previous generation.
No Prolonged infancies among us, please
We’ not tolerate babes in the woods, small children who are an easy mark for impostors.
God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love.
More Behavior Patterns
- Paul talks about the world who have lost touch not only with God but with reality itself.
- They can’t think straight anymore. Feeling no pain, they let themselves go into sexual obsession, addicted to every sort of perversion.
- People who are living in sexual sin think that they will not get caught but you will. If David got caught so will you.
But that’s no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to Him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything and I do mean everything connected with the old way of life has to go. It’s rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life, a God fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces His character in you.
Keys To Guard:
- Sexual purity
- Work or career
- Sensitivity to the Spirit