A Transformed Life 4 - Romans 12:1-2
- God transforms us.
- The enemy condemns us.
- God changes our personality.
- The enemy forms strongholds in minds.
- God uses the Word to renew our minds.
- The enemy attacks our minds.
- God takes truth and changes our world view.
- The enemy uses lies to cause us to continue to think in a way that causes us to live defeated lives.
The Glory of The Lord
2 Corinthians 3:18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Keys That Transform
- We see God’s Glory in His Word.
- The Glory of God in the Word transforms us into the image of Jesus.
- We are transfigured into His very Own image in ever increasing splendor from one degree of glory to another.
When We Are
- Born again and start to study the Word of God transformation starts.
- The Baptism in the Spirit is the second step of our transformation.
The Baptism In The Spirit
Was predicted by John the Baptist Matthew 3:11.
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- Was predicted by Jesus Christ
- Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in
Jerusalemand all Judea and and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. Samaria
The Baptism In The Spirit Is Fulfilled On The Day Of Pentecost
Acts 2:1 AND WHEN the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all assembled together in one place 2 When suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were separated and distributed and which settled on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled (diffused throughout their souls) with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words].
In Every Move of God the baptism in the Spirit always becomes one of the main characteristics of that move of God.
- That we would be given power after the Holy Spirit came upon us.
- The Holy Spirit comes upon the believer and transforms us into the image of Jesus Christ.
The Holy Spirit
- Pours into the church the love of God. Jesus said the world would we are his disciples by our love for each other. We need the Spirit’s love so we can love each other and love the lost.
- Deposits gifts to the church.
The Mind Gifts
- The Word of Knowledge: This is divinely given information about a person, a situation, a sickness or problem that only God could know.
- The Word of Wisdom: This is divine wisdom on how to deal with a situation, a person or problem.
- Discernment of Spirit: This is the divine ability to know when it is a demonic influence or not in a person’s life.
The Power Gifts
- Faith: The supernatural ability to believe.
- Healing: Supernatural ability to heal a sickness, illness or physical ailment.
- Miracles: a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency
The Speaking Gifts
- Tongues: Speaking in a spiritual language unknown to the speaker.
- Interpretation of Tongues: The supernatural ability to interpret the tongue.
- Prophecy: Speaking a message that encourages, comforts and strengthens the listener.
Without The Spirit
- We don’t have access to these powerful gifts that are designed to help us minister to the world, the lost and the church.
- The Glory of God something we see throughout the history of man, in the O.T. it was seen on places like a burning bush, the mountain of God, a pillar of fire at night, a cloud in the day, on the tabernacle, on the temple, etc.
In The New Covenant
- The glory is one people, Jesus, the disciples on the Day of Pentecost. Paul said your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- In church history the glory of God has appeared as a cloud inside buildings and at night as a ball of fire on top of buildings.
- This is why we must value the presence of God in our lives. It comes by the Word. We see the glory of God in the Word of God.