Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Helper - Vision vs. Dream (notes)

The Helper - Vision vs. Dream

Joel 2:28

And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. 29 Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

Son Life’s Vision is to reach the lost hurting people in this area with the Good News of Jesus and to see them grow into strong followers of the Lord and His Word.

As We Prepare to enter a new season as a church let’s prepare ourselves for a great outpouring of the Spirit followed by supernatural visions and dreams. Prophecy will be very accurate and very powerful in our lives as God begins to reveal what He will do in our future and the future of the planet.

James Ryle

  • Told us when he spoke here that the difference between a vision and a dream is that when we dream we are asleep.
  • I recommend His Book “A Dream Come True.”
  • God is speaking through pictures in our minds-either when we are sleeping or awake.

I Believe there is a difference between visions and dreams.

With vision I can see where I am going while with a dream I know where I am going.

Principles

There is a difference between visions and dreams

  1. With vision I see the path in front of me. Vision gives guidance. Vision gives one a sense of direction.
  2. With a dream I see the end of the journey. A dream gives assurance. A dream gives one a sense of purpose.

People

  • With Vision see things that people without vision cannot see.
  • With a dream lead others to embrace their dream to the point that it becomes their dream also. This is what leadership does.

Everyone needs visions and dreams they can believe in for when life is hard. Vision gives us the stamina to overcome hard times.

Young People see visions because it is a characteristic of youth. Young people are visionary and when they come to Jesus the Holy Spirit gives them the ability to dream for their future.

As A 20 Year Old I was given a dream to establish a church that would reach the un-churched. Then God brought a young woman into my life, who joined her dream with me and now for over 30 years we have seen many un-churched people come to know Jesus as their Savior.

No comments: