Thursday, September 30, 2010

Signs of Revival - Am I Hungry For God? (notes)

Signs of Revival - Am I Hungry For God?

Elijah Is God’s prototype of a seer, a man of faith and power and miracles. A man of integrity and strength.

Elijah Predicted the dead of Ahab and Jezebel.

  • I Kings 21:17-23
  • And It was fulfilled in I Kings 22:29-38 and II Kings 9:31-36
  • Ahab and Jezebel are both killed as predicted by Elijah.

God

  • Is calling His people to turn to Him and turn away from the evil in the world.
  • Will raise up prophets to speak into the culture.

2 Chronicles 7:12-18

History

  • Tells us how God calls man, man turns to God, God blesses man, man turns away from God, God takes away His hand of blessing and man sees the results-destruction, man turns back to God and God forgives and blesses man.
  • Is all about the Goodness of God and the sinfulness and propensity of man to sin.

What Is God Saying

  • To us today about revival and the prophetic?
  • Not all prophecies are negative, not all are positive.
  • It all depends on where the people of God are at the time in that place. If people are pressing into God & desiring to do what God says God might give a word of encouragement. Or God’s people are lukewarm, indifferent or complacent, and then God could admonish us to repent, turn from waywardness & turn back to God.

Example of Revelation

  • The Lord tells the church to turn back to your First love. No time to waste, for I’m well on my way to removing your light from the golden circle.
  • Are your ears awake? Listen, listen to the wind words, the Spirit blowing through the churches.
  • This is talking about revival. The Wind of the Spirit is always blowing. He is just looking for a people who are hungry for Him & will welcome Him.

Some Bible Teachers

  • Say that the seven churches in Revelation are pictures of the church in every age of history.
  • Others say that each church is a period of time in church history.
  • Whatever we believe, when we get off track God sends someone to admonish us to get with it. When we are on track God will speak to us to continue on the path, seek Him & we will prosper.

Matthew 7:7-11

  • Explains the nature of God.
  • If we ask Him, He will give to us.
  • If we seek Him, we will find Him.
  • If we knock at His door, He will answer.
  • If we want more of God we will get more of Him.

Principle

  • If we ask God for more of Him, His Spirit or His power He will not give us something evil, hurtful or demonic.
  • If I want more of God I will get more, if I am apathetic, I will loose out or miss revival.

Am I Hungry For God?

It will be seen in my attitude, my passion, my desire to really know Him intimately.

No comments: