Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Day (notes)

A New Day

What Ten Means

  • New Birth
  • Spiritual perfection
  • New opportunities

God & Numbers

In Judaism numbers have significance:

  • One means unity
  • Two division
  • Three perfection
  • Four creation
  • Five grace
  • Six man
  • Seven completion
  • Eight new beginning
  • Nine judgment

The Biblical Meaning of Ten Deals with completeness that happens in a Divine order or complete during the course of time. Nothing is left waiting.

The Ten of I Am’s of Jesus Christ in John:

  1. I am the Bread of Life (6:35)
  2. I am the Bread of Life which came down from heaven (6:41)
  3. I am the Living Bread (6:51)
  4. I am the Light of the world (8:12)
  5. I am One that bears witness of Myself (8:18)
  6. I am the Door of the sheep (10:7,9)
  7. I am the Good Shepherd (10:14)
  8. I am the Resurrection and the Life (14:6)
  9. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life (11:25) and
  10. I am the True Vine (15:1,5).

Ten has some strong connotations; so as we leave 09 and enter a new year let’s look at 2010 with faith and expectation.

Nine means judgment so we can look at this passing year as a period of trial.

Ten will be a year of new beginnings; God perfecting what He started in us.

God Will

Do a new thing in the coming year.

Bring us to a new place in Him.

Do something powerful.

What To Concentrate On in 2010

Having a job is important but doing what we were destined to do is what we need to focus on this coming year.

Let find our place in the Kingdom of God.

Our Prayer Should Be:

Lord, “I don’t want to waste another year missing the mark of Your call.”

Lord, “I want to move into my destiny this year.”

Lord, “I want to do what You created me to do and this could be the year.”

If You Have Been Going in your own direction or doing your thing, this is a time of repentance, turn away from our own ways and run after Jesus in the coming year.

Acts 3:17-23

2010

Will be a time of refreshing from the presence of the Lord, let’s turn away from anything that is hindering God from moving in our lives, our families, our church, our city and our nation.

Application

Jesus will return until God restores His church!

What can we do?

  1. Repent
  2. Turn to God
  3. Unite

People of God

Could this be the year that we see the Holy Spirit fall on us, on our city, on our nation and on the world?

No comments: