Passion Week - Death Conquered
The last enemy of man is death!
Most People fear the unknown and the reason so many fear death is because it is unknown to mankind.
On Friday Jesus suffered, bled and died for man to be restored back into fellowship with the Father.
Jesus Conquered Death
“Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.”
Jesus is the resurrection & the life…
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
I Corinthians 15:21
Death Could Not Keep Him In Its Grip (New Living)
Acts 2:24 (The Message)
“And you pinned Him to a cross and killed Him. But God untied the death ropes and raised Him up. Death was no match for Him.”
What Sin Did:
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
What The Death And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ Provided For Us:
- Reconciliation. (Romans 5:10)
- Newness of life. (Rom. 6:4)
- Resurrection life. (Rom. 6:5)
- Destruction of man’s enemy. (I Cor. 15:26)
- Power. (Philippians 3:10)
- Abolished death. (2 Tim.1:10)
- He tasted death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)
- Destroyed he who had the power of death, that is, the Devil. (Heb. 2:14)
- Jesus has the keys of hell & of death. (Revelation 1:18)
- Victory over demons. (Luke 10:19, Col. 2:15)
Jesus’ Suffering Also Provided:
- Restoration in our relationship with the Father.
- Healing for our bodies. (I Peter 2:24)
- Peace with God. (
- Prosperity. (2 Cor. 8:9)
- Eternal life. (John 3:16)
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the culmination of the greatest event in history.
- This is not just a religious holiday but there is power behind what Jesus did.
- Let’s apply all the blessings of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus to our daily lives.