Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Dedicated Life - Devoted & Reverent (notes

A Dedicated Life - Devoted & Reverent

We Live In A world with constant struggles, conflicts, and wars.

There Is A Culture war going on as we sit here this morning, but there is an event greater war in the Spirit Realm, it is a conflict between the forces of evil and of good.

How We Deal

  • With social injustice, racism or anti-Semitism is determined by our world view.
  • How we view the world affects our ideals, our thoughts and our behavior.
  • It also affects how we treat people and how we live our lives.

If Our World View

  • Is based on eternal values we will live a life that makes a difference in this world.
  • We will touch the hurts in humanity when we live according to the values found in the Word of God.

We Will Make A difference in this world and when we stand before a loving God He will welcome us into eternal dwelling places.

Luke 16:9

Acts 10

Cornelius was a military commander of 100 Roman soldiers. He was stationed in Caesarea.

A Stand Out Man

  • Acts 10:2
  • He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

Cornelius Demonstrated His devotion to God by being generous. He gave to those in need. Acts 10:22 it was said of him, he is a righteous and God fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people.

To Gain The respect of a community you have to be a man of integrity, generosity and good works. This shows dedication to God.

If I Am Devout

  • It will be demonstrated by my realization that everything I possess has been put in my hands by God.
  • Jesus said, freely I have received thus freely I give.

Application

  • God is the one who puts resources in my hands.
  • God has given me the abilities to make a living.
  • If God asks me to give to Him, I obey.
  • God will bless me like He blessed Cornelius so I can be a blessing.

No comments: