Colossians - Fullness In Christ
Paul Addressed Issues in the church that affect believers today.
- False teaching in the church.
- Deception in the church.
- Fine sounding arguments.
- Paul did not start the Colossian church he had great love for them and wanted to be there to help them deal with the problems in the church.
Paul Tells the Church
- To continue to grow by the teaching that she had been given by the teaching of the Word of God.
- To live in Him.
- To understand the power of having a root system deep in the Lord.
- About being built up in Christ or well constructed upon Him or continually built up in Him.
- About becoming increasingly more confirmed & established in the faith, just as you were taught.
What Demonstrates the fact that I am deeply rooted in Christ?
- I apply what I know. If I can just apply the revelation that Jesus has been given me I will be a powerful believer.
When A Tree
- Has a deep root system the roots go down and get the needed moister it needs to grow and bear good fruit.
- John 15 talks about the importance of staying connected to the vine.
When A Church
- Is connected to Jesus it will bear much fruit. First the fruit of the Spirit then when the people love each other as Christ loves the church the church multiplies.
- Is connected to Jesus the believers there will be connected to each other. People will not do their own thing but will work together to fulfill the vision God has given the leader.
- Is connected to Jesus it will be strengthened in the faith and overflow with praise & thanks to God.
Paul Talked About
- The false teaching that was circulating around the church. It was an early form of Gnosticism that taught that Jesus was not really the God man but some spirit (an ascended master). It is still around today. Some teach that Jesus is the first creation of God or the brother of Lucifer.
- All the fullness of deity lives in bodily form and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is head over every power and authority.
Fullness In Christ
- For the believer means the fullness of the Holy Spirit that was given to the church on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2. Peter stood and talks about the prophet Joel
On The Day Of Pentecost
- The Glory of The Lord was manifested in the church.
- (Exodus 16:7-10, Exodus 24:16, Exodus 40:34-35, Leviticus 9:23, Numbers 14:21, Isaiah 40:5, Isaiah 59:19, Isaiah 60:1-2, Haggai 2:7)
John Said of JESUS
- That He would baptize people with the Holy Spirit and fire. The fire is the glory of the Lord that Moses saw, that Isaiah talked about that Ezekiel saw & Haggai predicted would fill the temple in the last days.
God Is A God of Order
- In revival God sets things straight in the church. When we live by the Spirit we will not give in to the flesh.
- Some think that God causes disorder during revival but when the Glory of the Lord is manifested, God will put order back into our lives. Every area of our lives that is messed up will be made right.
The Spirit & The Bride
- Say, come. And let him that hears say, come. And let him that is thirsty come and take the water of life freely.
- Drink from the living water and ask Jesus to release the fountain from within you.
The Church Gets Stale
- And sometimes dies then the people of God cry out and God hears and sends the rain, rivers flow in the desert and things start to bloom and fruit comes forth and a great harvest of souls comes into the Kingdom and the church comes alive again.
The Wind of The Spirit
- Is blowing throughout the earth in this hour and God is looking for people who have a heart for Him and for revival.
- Lets pray that we will not miss what God is doing right now.
- The glory of the Lord is being manifested and don’t want to miss it.