Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Kingdom - Seek His Face (notes)

The Kingdom - Seek His Face

Jesus, said:

The Kingdom of Heaven was at hand

The Lord Jesus

Mentions the importance of seeking God and His Kingdom first.

Talks about priorities in the Sermon on the Mount.

The King of Kings

To show us the Father and to explain & expound His Kingdom on the earth.

In Eastern Cultures

Dogs and pigs were looked upon as scavengers. Dogs were not pets but ran around eating garbage and would attack you if you tried to take their food.

Jesus Mentions

Three principles in turning to God.

Ask of Him

Seek Him

Knock on Heavens door.

Asking

To make a request from someone involves humility & meekness. It means we are not self sufficient but depend on someone greater than us.

God loves it when I ask Him for help with anything. That is all He is waiting for.

If I Need

Peace, He is Jehovah Shalom - I am your peace.

Victory, He is Jehovah Nissi - I am your banner or your victory.

Help of any kind, as Abraham did when he was tested regarding his son, Isaac, then He is Jehovah Jireh - your provider.

Seek

Example of King Solomon. 2 Chron. 7:11-16

God knows how to get our attention when we turn our backs on Him. God said, I have chosen this place as my dwelling place. The church is the dwelling place of God on the earth.

When the church turns away from God and we suffer for it we must turn back to Him, seek His face, turn from sin and He will hear, forgive and heal us.

Knock

This means asking for revelation from God. Lord I can not open this door so I knock on your door, please open up for me the wealth of your wisdom and power.

This Is A Time

To seek His Face. To ask, seek and knock. It is not a time for self indulgence but to pray for His glory to be manifested in our lives.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Dear Pastor Gil,
Thank you for your words of seeking His face. This evening, this day is what I have been doing seeking God's face for help with my son who is an alcoholic and today he told me he had been doing cocaine......because of the grace of God I can hold on. I have so often wanted to call you and ask for an appt to meet with you and to date, I have not. I listen to you on the radio in the evenings as I am on my way to a women's bible study. I live in Sierra Vista. Just thank you and God bless you and your family.
ginny

Ginny said...

Dear Pastor Gil, I listen to you in the evening on 1470am radio. I live in Sierra Vista. Today has been a horrific day. My son is in Tucson and for the longest time, my desire has been to ask for an appt to see you and yet, I have not. My son is drinking a lot and found out today that he is on cocaine and completely delusional.....all I can do is pray for him. Your words of seeking God's face was such a comfort for me right now; I just wanted to say thank you Pastor Gil.
Sincerely, Ginny Ireland

Gil Garcia said...

Dear Ginny
We have a morning prayer group that prays daily between 6:30 and 8:00 and we will be praying for your son. My mom prayed for me when I was a a rebel teenager. God saved me and has done a work in my life as a result of mom's prayers. I miss her prayers for me more than anything else, her cooking was pretty good too. Call us at 520-743-9500

In Jesus Love, Praying for you and your son,

Gil Garcia