Daniel 12 - The Last Vision
He sees Michael the general of the armies of heaven step into human history during a time of intense trouble on the earth.
Angels have a role to play in the unraveling of history. The spirit world has much to do with what happens in the material world. The spirit world is more powerful than the physical world. The spirit world dictates what happens in the physical world. The supernatural governs the natural. The invisible world is what propels the visible world.
Sees Michael as the guardian angel over the nation of Israel. He will come during the time when Israel is backed up against a wall and will protect the Jewish state. The nation will be saved as a result of this angelic army. If Michael is the general of the armies of heaven he has an army of warring angels who will help Israel.
What We Can Learn
From what Daniel saw. Angels have a role to play in our salvation. When a person is saved the angels of God start the process for that person’s family to come to know Jesus too. They will protect our loved ones until they are given an opportunity to know the Lord as their savior and Lord.
Events That Are Predicted in Daniel 12:
1. Michael leads Israel to Petra for protection. (Rev. 12:13-14)
2. A time of distress like the world has never known is coming.
3. Those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life will be saved.
4. The resurrections in the last days.
5. Special reward to those who lead people to Christ.
6. The judgment seat of Christ. (I Cor. 3:8-15)
When we do anything motivated by the Love of God we will be rewarded by Lord according to Daniel 12:3 and I Cor. 3:8-15
What God Told Daniel in Chapter 12:
· The vision is for the future. The future is today.
· Worldwide travel and mass communication and education will be common.
· He sees two beings one on the side of the river and the other on the other side.
A Powerful Angel
· Lifts his hands toward heaven and heard him swear by Him who lives forever. It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.
· The events that the angel speaks about are for the Great tribulation or the last three and a half years of the tribulation.
The Last Words
The angel tells Daniel. 8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, My lord, what will the outcome of all this be? 9 He replied, Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand. 11 From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days, 13 As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.
Signs that we are living in the last days:
· Many are being purified in the church. The church is getting ready for the coming of the bridegroom-Jesus to take her out of the world.
· The wicked will continue to be wicked, none of the wicked will understand but the wise will understand.
· The sacrificial system will soon be instituted in Israel so when it is look up the rapture is soon.
The angel tells Daniel, to go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise (the resurrection) to receive your allotted inheritance.