Proverbs 25 - Reigning As Kings
- It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a thing.
- As the heavens for height and the earth for depth, so the hearts and minds of kings are unsearchable.
- Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth the material for a vessel for the silversmith to work up.
- Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne will be established in righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation).
- Be not self assertive & boastfully ambitious in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men.
- For better it is that it should be said of you, come up here, than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, whose eyes have seen you.
- Rush not for soon to quarrel, before magistrates or elsewhere, lest you know not what to do in the end when your neighbor has put you to shame.
- Tell us how to behave before rulers and those in authority. It also tells us how we are to behave before our King because we are heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:17, Galatians 3:29, Titus 3:7)
- God’s Word also calls us kings and priests or a kingdom of priests. (Rev. 1:6)
When God Created Man:
- He created him in his image with God like qualities. The ability to be creative like God.
- He gave him authority or dominion over the earth & everything in it.
- He put him in the most perfect environment on earth - the Garden of Eden and told him to take care of it.
- Lost it all by believing the lies of the snake.
- Became mortal because of his disobedience.
- Was promised a redeemer, the seed of the woman will crush the head of the serpent (He would regain what he lost).
- When born again would have dominion again.
- Came and did all this for us to have dominion, to reign as kings until He would come back.
- Said to occupy (Luke 19:13) till I come. The church is the occupying force of God on the earth until Jesus returns to establish His Kingdom.
- I will build My church and hell will not be able to stop it.
When I First Started In the ministry there was a teaching that hit the church. People went around saying I am a King’s kid but many who made that claim were not walking in obedience to the King and gave the Kingdom a bad name.
Now This Truth
- Is coming to the church but with greater clarity.
- The church is walking in greater authority today than it has in a long time in our culture.
- Can walk like Jesus did.
- Has been given dominion over the forces of darkness (demons).
- Has authority over sickness.
- Can experience supernatural power in all aspects of life in society.
- Can reign in life as a joint heir with Jesus Christ.
To Reign In Life We Must Walk In:
- Jesus gave the church keys to the
. Kingdomof Heaven
- We have a legal right to push back evil and bring in good in this world.
How Are We To Behave?
- With Dignity.
- With Grace.
- With Mercy.
- With Authority.
- With Love.
A King Has No Fear, Anguish, Or Shame.
- Fear is the opposite of faith.
- Anguish is extreme anxiety or emotional torment.
- Shame is dishonor, unworthiness & embarrassment.
- Has glory.
- God has glory.
- Wants to pour out His glory upon His heirs before the end of this age.