Colossians – Mystery
When Jesus Rose He gave gifts to the church for the purpose of building up the church.
God Reconciled Us
- In order to present us holy in His sight.
- Without blemish.
- And free from accusation.
- If you continue in your faith.
- Established and firm.
- Not moved from the hope held out in the Gospel.
- In the ministry.
- When God calls a person to serve the church in leadership it will involve many blessings but at the same time much pain, sorrow, loneliness, brokenness, misunderstandings, betrayal and slander from those you serve.
- At the heart of today’s message.
- The mystery of the Good News.
- The Spirit of wisdom and revelation to understand the mystery.
- Is what God desires His people to possess. Eph. 1:15-18
The Purpose of the Spirit of wisdom & revelation is so we might get to know God more intimately.
Great & unsearchable things in the O.T. is the same meaning as the Word Mystery in the N.T.
When We Seek God
- We will be given a fresh revelation of Jesus Christ.
- We will then be given insight into the mysteries of God.
The Holy Spirit
- Reveals to every believer truth for the present time, situation and circumstance.
- Has revelation to every believer, not just the those in leadership.
- Will take the veil off the church in order to see what He is doing at the present time.
- Enlarges the arena that our faith can function in.
- Deception shrinks our area of faith. Matthew 13:10-11
- Locked up in the realm the Bible calls mystery. A mystery cannot be hunted down and trapped like an animal. It must be revealed by the Holy Spirit.
- Given to those who hunger for Him and He will reveal the mystery.
- Said He concealed truth in parables so it remained a mystery to some, but not to others.
- Doesn’t take pearls of revelation and freely throws them out to anybody. We must hunger for it, dig for it, seek, knock and ask.
- Is not something most people in our Western Culture appreciate. We have the idea that God knows our address and if He wants us to have insight or an experience He will send it to us.
The O.T. Word
- For mighty is the N.T. word for mystery.
- The picture is something that is out of reach, unattainable, behind a fortification.
God has mighty, mysterious things for us. He does not desire to hide them from us but we must hunger for Him and dig into His Word and it will be given to us. Jeremiah 33:3
- Uses the word to call out which means cry out to the Lord in a very loud voice. The deep part of man calls out to the deep part of God; that determines the level of revelation we will be given.
If We Seek Him
- With all our heart we will be given mysteries of the Kingdom.
- These mysteries will propel us into a whole new relationship with God.
- We will see Jesus in a whole new light and His glory will transform us from glory to glory. I Peter 1:2-3