Proverbs 30 - God’s Word is Perfect
- Every Word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
- Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar.
- We can not make up our own ideas of God’s Word; we can not make God’s Word say what it does not say or what we think. God’s Word is clear.
- Says anything it is flawless, perfect, pure, holy, powerful, full of faith, clear, illuminating, revealing, penetrating, complete, full of truth, wisdom grace and everlasting life.
- Speaks we must listen. It is to our benefit that we listen closely and obey what God tells us to do.
- This is why this is the most important day of the week. We come to hear God’s Word and to obey what He says to us.
- Says… He, who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
- God is always speaking.
- We must be in a position to hear the Word of the Lord for man lives not by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
- Matthew 11:15 He who has ears, let him hear.
- Matt. 13:9 He who has ears let him hear. For this people’s has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears and they have closed their eyes.
- Matt. 13:16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.
- Hearing and seeing are all based on having the right heart. A hungry heart will hear what God says and will see spiritually.
Then The Righteous
- Will shine like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. He, who has ears, let him hear. Matthew 13:43
- Then Jesus said, “He who has ears, let him hear.” Mark 4:9
- If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”
- Mark 4:23 A hard stubborn heart will not be able to hear what God says or see what God wants us to see.
The Word of God
- Is more than a book with words but the very breath of God that breathes life into our lives and gives revelation about situations that we face that we have no human way of solving.
- Is living water for those who are spiritually thirsty. When we hear the Word of God is becomes alive in our spirits.
When God Created Man
- He breathed into man the breath of life (spirit) and man became a living soul.
- When man wrote God’s Word God breathed on it. Inspiration always leads to revelation. 2 Tim. 3:16
- This is why Muslims are getting the Bible and are being completely changed, saved and now preaching the Gospel.
The Word of God
- Brings creativity to man because it is inspired by the Spirit of God and God created everything.
- Gives us faith because it was through faith that God created the worlds.
- Can live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
- Can live by faith as a result of hearing the ever living Word of God.
When The Believer
- Delights and Meditates on the Word of God day and night he will be like the tree planted by the streams of (living) water.
- He will be fruitful in every season.
- What ever he does prospers.
- He will become successful in what matters to God.
Meditation in many eastern religions means to empty the mind but to the believer it means to fill the mind with the Word of God.
- God gives His people commands on giving.
- Give God’s house 10% of your income.
- In giving God 10% (minimum) we enter into covenant with Almighty God. The only time God tells us, put me to the test and see if I will not open to you the windows of heaven.
- People concentrate on the robbing God comment but we need to look at what God promises.
In Deuteronomy 28:1
Says, “If you will fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all His commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.”
- However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all His commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you.
- Obedience leads to blessing and disobedience leads to cursing. Lets obey what God says and watch God command blessings upon us and our seed.
According To Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us…
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
What Giving Does
- It changes my attitude to God.
- I will become less selfish.
- I will become more caring and kind to the less fortunate.
- I will feel as God feels with the hurts of humanity.
- God will bless and prosper us.