Truths of Revival - Identity
What Is Our Identity?
- First, Identity is who we are
- The Word of God says who we are
Who Are We?
- We are children of God
- We are of the household of faith
- We will reign with Jesus Christ throughout eternity in the house of God.
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
- Jesus talked about His father’s house.
- That there are many rooms. (KJV Mansions)
- He would go and prepare a place for us.
- He promised that He would come back and take us to that wonderful place.
- Thomas said, “we didn’t know where You were going.”
- Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me!
- Mentions that though the world was made through Jesus, the world didn’t recognize Him.
- He came to His own but His own did not receive Him.
- Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.
- Children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
That Is Our Identity
- We have a great destiny.
- We are children of the Most High.
- We will live in our Father’s house.
- We will reign with Christ for ever.
- Mentions our past--dead in our transgressions and sins, in which we lived when we followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the disobedient.
- We at one time lived gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature, following its desires and thoughts.
- We were by nature objects of wrath.
- But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace that we have been saved.
- God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.
- In time we will see the incomparably riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
- We are saved by grace, through faith, and this is not of ourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so no one will boast.
- We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works.
- We were foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
- But now we in Christ Jesus we have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
- We are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household.
I Peter 2:4
- We are living stones (of God’s House of faith) being built into a spiritual house to be.
- A holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- Verse 9 “You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God.”
- That you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.
- Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God--we have received mercy.
That Is Who We are!
We are a mighty conquering army called to defeat the enemy Satan and all his forces!